It’s not such a daunting task to repair the cracks on your sidewalks by yourself. All you need to do is to follow the instructions carefully. By following the instructions you will save lots of your time and efforts:
You have to enlarge the cracks in concrete to repair it. You can use a chisel and hammer to widen the crack along its length. Without enlargement, it is not possible to repair the sidewalk crack properly.Visit Bronx sidewalk repair company for more details.
- Let the crack be wider at the bottom. This is going to help in joining new concrete with sidewalk.
- Depending upon the size and total length of the crack, you can decide on the undercutting depth. Usually, you will need to undercut the crack up to a depth of one inch.
- Clean up the enlarged crack with the help of a brush. Make sure that no loose material is left in the crack.
- If you have a tire pump, use it to get rid of dust in the crack. If tire pump is not available, you will need to clean up the crack thoroughly with the help of a brush or a piece of cloth.
- Use a good quality adhesive. Brush your crack with the adhesive and allow some time to dry it.
- Make sure that the patch area is moist. Also, there should be no extra water on the crack where concrete has to be applied. Moisture is very important if you are not using any cement adhesive.
- Prepare your concrete mixture by adding 2.5 parts of sand to 1 part of Portland cement. You may need to increase the ratio of cement for heavier concrete jobs.
- Completely fill the crack with the concrete mixture and tamp it. Use a metal trowel to make the surface of the crack smooth.
- Let the patch dry up for a few hours. Keep it covered for a few days. Drop water on the patch everyday so that concrete gains its strength.
741 E 216th Street Apt. 2W, Bronx, NY 10467